Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Everyone LOVES Their Cellphone

Every time I leave anywhere I always make sure I have my cell phone it's almost like I can’t function without it. I will admit I have a slight addiction to my cell phone it's habit for me to just hold it or look at it. Needless to say it is almost impossible to imagine what life would be like without cell phones.

I happened to read a story by Alan Pearcy in Reagan’s PR Daily news about the evolution of the cell phone. So in appreciation to our beloved cell phones, I thought I would share some of Pearcy’s key points and reminisce on some key stages of the cell phone.

In 1983-84 before I was born, the Motorola DynaTAC was created. To me it looks like a child’s play phone that has been installed into a kids playhouse.





1989 is not only the year I was born, but it is also the year the first flip phone Motorola MicroTAC was born.





Now lets jump to 2000.  With this mysterious year came a mysterious invention the Nokia 3310 that had no antenna!




Oh this phone brings back so many teenage memories. In 2004 the Motorola Razr came out! My hot pink Razr was so important for calling my first boyfriends and getting into trouble. If you didn’t have a Razr in 04 you were not cool!





And now today lives our 2006 Blackberry Pearl, which I own and love, and if your more of a touch screen kind of person a 2007 Apple i Phone.

















I wonder what the next newest cell phone inventions will be like!

Images from Reagan's PR Daily 

2 comments:

  1. The evolution of technology will grow on you ... literally, I can't go too many places without my phone either! For some reason it makes you feel secure and not alone.... which is probably not very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember living in Guatemala and not having a phone for a year. I can tell you I had phantom vibration/ring tones coming from my pocket! I think that you'll see the evolution go towards more advanced touch screens and a hands free approach. With laws and heavy fines being put in place that limit cell/text use in cars. More people are going to be getting headsets.

    ReplyDelete