Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Watch a Movie on Your Facebook



What's one of the first things you do after coming home from a long day at work/school, or the last thing you do before you go to bed? Is it check your Facebook? Well it is for me! 

I often find myself checking my Facebook during these two specific times of the day, and find myself pointlessly "stalking" my friends pages for fun when I am bored, but what if you could check your Facebook AND watch a movie at the same time?

Seems impossible right? Well I have got news for you, its not! AllThingsDigital reported Tuesday that Facebook will be adding a feature to their site that allows users to rent movies from their Facebook. Facebookers can rent movies or shows digitally from their Facebook page by using credits to pay for the transaction. 

The first movie that will be offered is The Dark Night by Warner Bros. It will cost 30 credits or 3 dollars to rent through an application the studio built within the website. 

Thomas Gewecke the president of Warner Bros. says "making our films available through Facebook is a natural extension of our digital distribution efforts. It gives consumers a simple, convenient way to access and enjoy our films through the world's largest social network."

 I think this is a genius idea and I am excited! What do you think? Would you rent movies on your Facebook?

Photo from Bay Area Bites

1 comment:

  1. This is an intriguing idea of posting video rentals to facebook. I think its an innovative idea and possibly a good one. I would not use or advocate its use, but I am still learning and committing to the web features and uses. Facebook has been the head of social media, why not the head of corporations like netflix and hollywood.

    ReplyDelete