Thursday, February 10, 2011

Facebook=$


The idea of Facebook commerce is becoming a new trend. Companies like Wal-Mart are jumping on the bandwagon. It is helping to promote and also allowing large companies to interact with their customers like never before. I came across an article in the Business Insider regarding this topic and it contained tips on "How to Make More E-Commerce Money with Facebook." I am on Facebook and use it all the time so I decided to rate these tips by Cathy Halligan by applying the tips to myself.

1. “Deliver on the fundamentals of commerce.”
             (Common sense)

2. “Facebook ads are not great.”
            I agree 100% percent. When I am on Facebook interacting with my friends and family, I hardly     ever notice the ads on the side of my site, and if I do I never click on them because I am not interested in learning about a random product advertisement on MY page.

3. “You can do traditional marketing but that’s not enough.”
            I think giving customers early access to new products is a great idea. This gives people a reason to add you to their facebook. It’s exciting rather than just advertising and marketing companies everyday products.

4. “Engage your customers.”
            To me this is the most important tip of them all. Having real conversations on Facebook with your customers is building a relationship.

5. “Have great content and the best content is user generated”
            Actually listening to you customer’s comments, and keeping track of how many people like certain products is a great idea. This allows companies to really review what are the most popular products are and vice versa. It gives large businesses the inside scoop.

6. “Integrate Facebook into your site.”
             By letting your customers interact with a company’s facebook page, they are actually doing the advertising for the company. This is because now everyone they are friends with can see what they commented or liked on the companies page.

7. “Most important experiment”
            Another common sense piece of advice and not the most important to me.

What do you think of these tips? Do you agree or disagree with my opinions.

Picture from facebook.com

2 comments:

  1. These are some interesting tips. I completely agree with your comments on tips 4 and 5. I think those two tips go hand in hand and are really the point of social media, especially for big companies. If a company can't achieve those two things then there is really no point for them to be on a website like Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips for companies who want to make a presence on Facebook. I’ve noticed that new products are beginning to have fan pages on Facebook, and step away from the “traditional” sidebar ads. I think is a great way to connect users from around the world with each other and the company. I know that I would be more inclined to try a product if I saw consumer reviews on a fan page, then looking for reviews by searching the internet. Yet, I don’t know how successful these pages will be in comparison to the side ads there will defiantly be a shift in how marketers use social media to reach consumers.

    ReplyDelete