Thursday, February 10, 2011

Save This Website From Extinction!




I think that sites like Delicious and Stumble Upon are genius! When I first discovered Stumble Upon I was both excited and worried, because I knew I would not be able to stop stumbling! I have never heard of Delicious until reading the article RIP Delicious: You were so Beautiful to Me, and discussing how to use this useful site in class.

I am so happy to hear of another social bookmarking service! Delicious seems even better than Stumble Upon because sharing your bookmarks is a lot easier. Hearing that the website was acquired by Yahoo, and now might be shutting down is a shame because the website is so brilliant.

 I think everyone should be required to take a class like Social Media for PR to learn about all of the amazing and useful tools on the Internet today (like Delicious).

Delicious is an easy key news threshold, and you can keep the bookmarks you create forever. For the majority of Americans leisurely surfing the Internet is impossible because of the short time they have. Being able to save interesting articles or websites, so you can read and enjoy them later is such a clever idea. Because of long stressful workdays, something as simple as a URL can be impossible to remember.

Delicious is also useful (as this article pointed out) in finding things before your competitors do. So all in all I think shutting down Delicious would be a waste and I encourage people to speak up about why its important that we save this website! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you stance on keeping those websites available to people who desire them because they offer too much good. Information is out in cyberspace, but finding it is its own skill. With web sites like StumbleUpon, and Delicious, people are able to individually find relevant info, ideally leading to more relevant information. Good stuff coming out on the web. We as consumers need to make sure to moderate our use and not rely too much. Good things come in moderation

    ReplyDelete